A week of dance and acrobatics with André Hidalgo and William Thomas
1pm – 6pm, 26-30 July, 2021
Wilhelminenhofstr 91, 12459 Berlin
During this workshop we are going to:
– share thoughts, look for material around acrobatics and dance
– share the process with vocabulary concepts and tools for improvisation and self practice.
– experimenting the process through self experimentation and guided improvisations.
– start a journey to reveal what your body is already able to do, finding your own ways to dig all sorts of forms that suit you.
– enjoy the motions we will discover, dig, and get better at it.
– an interest in motion or any self-practice involving the body
– comfortable but classy clothes
– a physical body
– paper and pen or pencil
Times: Monday to Friday: 1pm – 6pm
Price – Early bird: 225€ Regular price: 250€
For registration by bank transfer, please visit the registration page or use Paypal below:
André Hidalgo is a hybrid performer, self-taught juggler and dancer, guided by the fascination for reproduction of the mechanics that make him vibrate. He is particularly focused on waving, fluid, floating or time dilation illusions and levitating impressions in his movement. Through this style he is always looking to push the boundaries of his freedom of movement.
William Thomas is a high-skill professional circus performer. After studying at l’ENACR (Rosny Circus School) and Centre National des Arts du Cirque (CNAC), he founded company BAM in 2009. Since then he has been doing workshops and shows around the world. He developed a very large array of vocabulary mixing acrobatics, stunts, martial arts and dance. He is still exploring and pushing the boundaries of how a body can move and what it is able to do.