Katapult is an independent, not-for-profit project, and depends on the income from workshops and residencies to cover the costs of rent and administration. As the core team are artists ourselves, we know it can be a struggle to find ways to pay for the necessary time and space both for creation and for ongoing training.
Here, we offer some starting points for how to go about finding support for your work.
SenKult Funding for Berlin-based Artists
We are happy to announce that we have received support from the Berlin Kultur Senat through the Bestandsoptimierungsprogramm (BOP), intended to support Berlin-based artists with their needs for creation space.
1. You must be an artist working in the fields of music, dance and performing arts.
2. You must be registered as living in Berlin.
3. You must be working on a project, or doing research.
3. You are not allowed to be in receipt of any other funding/support for room use/rehearsal.
4. Students are not eligible.
If this applies to you, please contact email@example.com for more information.
Irish Circus – EJC 2014
The EJC2014 Awards committee recently awarded us a small grant to facilitate the training of Irish circus artists. As such, we are offering free workshop places to Irish residents who can fulfill the requirements of the award.*
What you need to do:
1. Register for the workshop you wish to attend.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you wish to apply for the EJC2014 award funding.
3. Respond to any additional questions/requirements.
4. Come to Berlin and enjoy a great workshop.
*Terms and conditions apply, as always.
General Funding Information
On The Move have an excellent summary of funding opportunities that might be available to artists wishing to travel to Berlin:
TransArtists also has a funding information section divided by country including a brief summary of eligibility, which can save you some time when searching for relevant programmes:
STEP Travel Grants offers funds to artists looking to travel Europe to develop and share skills. Extra budget is available for longer distance travel and sustainable transport methods.
We plan to expand this page as we discover further information ourselves, so keep checking back for the latest updates.