Katapult is a fully independent organisation run by artists, for artists. We aim to offer Berlin artists the best space possible for training, including internet, co-working options and more.
During open training hours, Katapult members can come by and share the training space with other artists. The open training hours will vary from day to day and take place alternating in both studios – Studio 1 (soft floor) & Studio 2 (rigging/aerial possibility).
If you train at Katapult for the first time, please register as a member first. This includes signing the membership contract, being introduced to the space and its house rules and paying the annual membership fee (20€). This process is compulsory for any new member and includes the first day of training.
Price for Members
8 Euro per session
How Does Open Training At Katapult Work?
Before You Come:
– Check the calendar for availability and be aware of the Studio names and availability. Aerial rigging is only possible in Studio 2.
– We post the available open training times always on Friday midday for the upcoming week (Monday-Sunday).
– You may use the calendar to create an account, book the session and pay directly online. As an alternative you can also be spontaneous and show up without pre-registering. We still offer the old system, with paying on arrival in cash. We also accept Urban Sports Club members.
– Be aware that everyone needs to bring their own working equipment.
Training at Katapult for the first time? Please come to the office, become a Katapult member and get an introduction to the space from one of the team members.
Once you are here, you can stay as few or many hours you want, within the timeframe published in the online calendar.
Covid: At the moment there are no restrictions. Please nevertheless follow the signs and instructions in the space, keep a high standard of hygiene measures (washing hands regularly, etc.) and respect distance with the other people training.
Please be aware that we have a limited amount of rigging possibilities. These cannot be reserved beforehand. All the artists present in the space need to accommodate each other’s needs and share the space in a respectful way.
Take everything with you or use our storage space (forms and rates are available at the entrance to Katapult). Please clear the space and put everything back where you found it, before you leave. Help to keep the space clean and tidy. The space should be left as clean or cleaner than you found it.
The full house rules are available for reference in the entry area, and from the office. The basics are outlined below:
- No outdoor shoes on the dance floor
- No animals in the space
- No smoking inside
- No fire inside
- No alcohol in the space before 5pm
- No aerial while alone in the space
- The space should be left as clean or cleaner than it is found
- No food except in the kitchen and chillout space