Residencies – COVID-19 restrictions
We have permission to host residencies while following the recommended guidelines:
- Maximum 5 people in the studio at one time.
- Keep minimum 2 meters’ distance from other people.
- Wash your hands with soap for 30 seconds when you arrive and when you leave Katapult.
- Katapult will be cleaned every day.
- Floors will be cleaned every day.
- All door handles will be cleaned with disinfectant spray on a regular basis.
Both studios will be aired out regularly.
Do not visit Katapult, if you have:
- Symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Have travelled to a Covid-19 affected area in the last 14 days.
- Contact with a person with suspicion of Coronavirus.
Katapult is available for artistic residencies in contemporary performance art disciplines of all kinds. Our goal is to push the boundaries of any genre through interdisciplinary collaboration, so we highly encourage applicants to demonstrate how they work with others, be it performing artists, musicians, technicians, directors, outside eyes, or something else. Should you require it, we can also help you find such people.
Katapult is a fully independent organisation run by artists, for artists. Residency prices are intended to be affordable, are based directly on the running costs of the project, and are not-for-profit. Should these rates still be out of range for you, subsidised rates may be available.
Please contact us for further information.
Residency – Studios and Rates
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, most residency bookings are now conducted in 3hr blocks. Please contact the office for more information.
Studio 1 (160sqm, no aerial)
17.50€ per hour / Mon-Fri 8am-6pm: 800€ / Mon-Fri 24hrs: 1000€*
Studio 2 (240sqm, aerial possible)
20€ per hour / Mon-Fri 8am-6pm: 900€ / Mon-Fri 24hrs: 1200€*
*Week-long 24hr residencies finish at 6pm on Fridays
Your residency period is confirmed once we have received your deposit. As we have to pay our rent on time, our booking system requires payment in full before a residency period is confirmed.
- No outdoor shoes on the dance floor
- No animals in the space
- No smoking inside
- No fire inside
- No alcohol in the space before 5pm
- No aerial while alone in the space
- The space should be left as clean or cleaner than it is found
- If you are the only one in the space, you are responsible for locking all exits before you leave
We ask that you include the Katapult logo in any support references that you have. As we offer a non-exclusive way for artists to self-fund their own work, and we share the risks of the project alongside them, we feel that it is fair to request this, and it would be very helpful for any future funding applications we might make.
You are responsible for finding your own accommodation in Berlin during your visit. If you have no personal contacts here, we would advise posting in the Berlin Performing Artists Connected group on Facebook saying that you will be in residency at Katapult.
Training and Noise
Both studios at Katapult is used for residencies. There is sound insulation between the two spaces, but if you need quiet, do not hesitate to ask for it. In general, you are likely to have more quiet time in the morning than in the evening.
Clearance of space
We ask for the space to be cleared very punctually, in order to set up for and clean in advance of the next resident.
Contact us directly for further information.